If you don’t have image editing software on your computer, I highly recommend you use an online image resizing tool such as www.picresize.com. It’s very simple to use.
Go to www.picresize.com. Click “Browse” to find an image on your computer and then click “Continue”.
If your image could do with a crop, click “crop selection” and crop the image.
Choose which size you want (the default is 50%). If you have a large image (e.g. over 1500 pixels), which will be the case if you’ve taken a photo with your camera, you may want to select “75% smaller”. When you select the size, you’ll see the “estimated final” size on the right.
Here you can choose a special effect. The default is “None”. But you may like to experiment with the different effects. A lot of people like the simple “Grayscale” effect which removes the colour in the image.
Click “I’m Done, Resize My Picture!”
Click “Save to Disk”.
And if you want to reduce the size of the image, I recommend downloading a free software called RIOT. Here’s a blog post I wrote on how to use the RIOT software.
Latest posts by The Bare Foot Web Designer (a.k.a George Watts) (see all)
- Find a FREE Yoga Class Venue & 15 Paying Students in 5 Easy Steps - August 23, 2017
- Top 8 WordPress Survey Plugins For Yoga Sites - July 3, 2015
- Use This Nifty Tool To See If Your Yoga Website Is Mobile Friendly - April 22, 2015
- Top 3 Reasons Why Yoga Teachers Should Blog - November 14, 2014
- How To Find Discounted Royalty Free Images For Your Yoga Site Using Shutterstock - November 7, 2014