Adding a Google Map is a great way to show visitors to your site where your venue is and how to get there. Below is a post I did to show a Client of mine called Shugu on how to add a Google Map to her yoga classes page.
Part 1: Type your address into Google Map
Go to the Google Maps website.
Type in the address of your yoga venue. For example, I typed: “Karen Country Club, Nairobi, Kenya”.
Part 2: Share and embed map
Click on the settings icon on the bottom right (looks like a black tire) and click “share and embed map”.
Click “Embed map”. This will show you the embed code.
Part 3: Iframe
Click “Embed map”
Copy the text in the box (iframe code)
Part 4: Log into your WordPress site and embed the Google Map
For example if you purchased one of my Yoga WordPress Templates, you’d log into the admin of the site, go to the “yoga classes” page, and click the “copy icon” which will duplicate the module.
Open the Google Map section
Add code to “text section” and click save.
Click the blue “Update” button (top right).
That’s it. You’re done!
You’ll have a Google Map on your page that will look something like this….
or you can take a look at it on Shugu’s yoga website.
Latest posts by The Bare Foot Web Designer (a.k.a George Watts) (see all)
- Find a FREE Yoga Class Venue & 15 Paying Students in 5 Easy Steps - August 23, 2017
- Top 8 WordPress Survey Plugins For Yoga Sites - July 3, 2015
- Use This Nifty Tool To See If Your Yoga Website Is Mobile Friendly - April 22, 2015
- Top 3 Reasons Why Yoga Teachers Should Blog - November 14, 2014
- How To Find Discounted Royalty Free Images For Your Yoga Site Using Shutterstock - November 7, 2014